Display Requirements and Guidelines
We’re happy you want to bring Leafly to your platform. We encourage developers to create interesting and compelling content with the Leafly API while maintaining a level of quality and user experience people have come to expect from Leafly. Below you’ll find some of our display requirements and guidelines in addition to those presented in our API Terms of Service document. This is a living document, so please check back from time to time for updates.
- Anywhere information from Leafly is displayed will require full attribution back to Leafly so a consumer knows the data originated with Leafly
- Leafly attribution requires the use of our logo (provided in the assets section) and a link back to the relevant content provided directly via the API via the permalink field
- Don't set rel="nofollow" on your links back to Leafly
- If you are using Leafly in addition to other similar data sources, the Leafly API content must be easily identifiable as coming from Leafly
- While not required, you are encouraged to use the Leafly name and logo for materials related to your integration, such as promotional content or marketing materials, just make sure you follow the branding guidelines
- Leafly review information for both locations and cannabis strains and products requires the use of our star rating imagery provided in the assets section Wherever content appears from the Leafly API, attribution should appear before or simultaneously to the content itself
- Always display Leafly results in the same order they are received from the API
- For our review data on locations, strains and products be sure to display our star rating graphics as returned via the API
- Don’t copy the look, feel and experience of Leafly. After all, Leafly already exists so no need to go out and recreate it
- The name of your app shouldn’t include the word Leafly, or be similar to Leafly in sound or spelling. Creativity is key!
- Don’t suggest partnership or that Leafly endorses your app in your messaging. Things like “We use the Leafly API” are okay, but “We partner with Leafly” are not okay
- Don’t use the Leafly brand as the most prominent part of your branding. We love our brand as much as you do, but it’s your app so be sure to feature your branding
- Don't enable/allow users to generate rating content similar to Leafly content
Leafly Branding and Assets
API use requires attribution via brand assets available below, with links back to applicable sections (links sent via API). The Leafly trademarks, including the Leafly logos and the Leafly colors, are the sole and exclusive property of Leafly Holdings, Inc., and all uses thereof are subject to the applicable license agreement (in this case, the API License Agreement). Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.